Monday, September 30, 2013

Food Tasting: Apple Soda

Okay..so title is boring..but this is no regular apple soda..(does the United States make Apple Soda? Guess there is the sparkling stuff...) This soda is from Taiwan - I got at my local asian market. It only cost $.99 not too shabby.


I got this stuff awhile ago and kept telling myself to try it soon..try it soon..but kept forgetting..go figure.

It's called Apple Sidra. It's a yellow aluminum can, the top has a red wavy like banner with one part that dips down says "Apple Sidra" with a logo of the stick and leaves of an apple. The front of the can, well there are two front. One written in english - the other is Taiwanese. (I think) Both fronts have an apple and both says I'm guessing both say, Apple Sidra in between the apple. The bottom of it reads : Apple Soda All Natural Ingredients. I say that, but turn to the ingredients side and I don't think it's all natural..could be wrong.

Ingredients: Carbonated water, Fructose, Sugar, Apple concentrate base, natural apple flavor, citric acid, caramel. It's produced by: Oceanic Beverage Co., Inc - Tao Yuan Hsien, Taiwan, R.O.C. Product of Taiwan.


So let's get the tasting...I open the can like an other soda and I smell the aroma of apple. So that's good right? They said all natural "flavor". (doesn't seem natural really to me) I poured into a clear glass to see if it was thick or had some chunkiness. Now some chunkiness in drinks aren't bad...quite good. Although when they surprise you..no so good. So as I pour it, it's a caramel color..so sign of chunkiness but very fizzy. As I pour the rest of it in, its like beer. Get's that foamy like top. Yum. Sugary foam. I check it out and take a sip...hm..it tastes like carbonated water and sugar with a hint of apple. Like apple candy. :) Fizzy apple candy. Not the fake flavor of apple, really is a natural tasting apple. You do get a lot of the carbonated flavor...but it's fine. I'd buy this again. :) My daughter loves it. It's approved.

If you know of anything I should try put a link in the comments or just tell me too. I am and so is my hubby..were up to it. Doesn't have to be asian...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment