Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tang Dynasty Authenic Chinese Food

Chinese Pork Steamed Bun
So this Saturday...(last) my family and I went to Champaighn for their Farmer's Market. (Going to miss the markets ) Now everytime we go inside the Lincoln Square Mall we pass this chinese restaurant. Inside reminds me of the chinese restaurants I had been to when I was younger. You know those huge round tables with a lazy susan like thing in the middle. Mainly so when your large family (usually) gets large meals you all can share it by turning the "lazy susan" (if its called something else, please let me know). So back to the main topic - We went passed this sign they had outside. I kept telling my hubby that I wanted some steamed buns. Never had them made fresh. He said next time (hate those words) Well luckily my daughter was hungry and pointed to some broccoli and chicken menu item and my hubby threw his hands up. "Guess were going in" HA! Girl Power.
So we go in and greeted by what I think is the manager - maybe owner? She was very nice and welcomed us made sure we were taken care of. My daughter accidently hurt her leg on the table and told my hubby to take her to get a piece of candy at the front. Checked on her as well. I knew what I wanted but still looked. I got two things. One was a steamed pork bun then a chinese hamburger. Yum.
The Chinese hamburger was pretty spicey...the good kind of heat. Made me take a deep breath in a few times and my water of course didn't help much. Instead I drank my daughter strawberry soda/milk thing. Not sure what it was but it was so good...This hamburger wasn't an american burger...it was like beef and onions..peppers I think and it was served with some vinegar in a little tin. Now my hubby don't like vinegar but I do and it was really good with it. I wouldn't say it killed the heat, it may have enhanced it a bit but I wouldn't have it any other way. (Winks)
The steamed bun was just so good and moist and...*mouth waters* ...I would eat some right now. It had what seemed like a little pork patty inside. It seemed like I mostly had steamed bun, but really I am not complaining.
The prices at this places wasn't so bad...$5 for my "chinese hamburger" and I think $1.50 for the Steamed Bun. I'm not talking about my hubby's lunch or my daughter as they got pretty usual chinese take out. I will say this - my daughter ate it..most of it so that is pretty big. Must have liked her chicken and broccoli. My hubby got fried rice and well shoot, I don't remember. Orange Chicken maybe? It was pretty standard. When we got done he said maybe next time he will get something new. I'd like to try the peking duck wraps...not a duck person...but I'd try it for the heck of it.
So that was my trip to the Tang Dynasty in Urbana, Illinois. If you are ever in the area, should stop by and take a look. 
Egg Drop Soup
Chinese Hamburger
More inside my Chinese hamburger

No comments:

Post a Comment