Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nail Polish Jewelry

So today I made some nail polish jewelry. What is that you ask? Well I'll show you.
I found this craft on You Tube, and I couldn't wait to try it. The things you'll need are...

  1. Large Accent Clear Gems
  2. Clear Nail Polish
  3. Any color polish you'd like to use









Now you can get these gems at the Dollar Tree - same with the polish's. Don't need anything fancy. I just had these on hand.
First you need to take the bottom of the gem and paint it with clear polish. You want it flat, no bumps. Evening it out basically. So let that dry and in the meantime you can either do a few...or plan the colors you'd like to use for the next step.
Now take a color you'd like to use. For example I used a gold glitter. Painted two layers, then painted over the gold with pink. After that layer is dried paint again with clear. You'd want to wait a day to be able to do anything with them. You want the polish to completely dry. I knew it wasn't fully dried and I gave one to my two year old daughter. Oh boy...she peeling some back, made her sad. :) Mommy fixed it and told her tomorrow she can play with it. She calls it her jewelry. She was super excited, made me a very happy momma. But back to the other things, you can do whatever design you'd like. When it's good to go, you can make it into a ring..or necklace. Whatever you want. When I get my ring things I will post how it came out. Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment