Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chicken Spring-rolls with peanut sauce

So for dinner tonight my hubby and I made chicken spring-rolls. So yummy. So I got this idea from different things. The sauce I make is taken partially from a biggest loser cookbook. The spring-rolls are just really common knowledge of things put into one. Now I wanted to have more ingredients...but I forgot them at the store. Going to a store with a 2 year old and an annoyed hubby is hard sometimes, right all you mommies? So let's get to it, the ingredients you will need are as follows: (You can use what you want as substitutes, I did)

Peanut Sauce:


  • 1 Tablespoons of Low-Sodium Soy Sauce (I only had regular - I ended up adding more sweeteners)
  • 1 Teaspoon Chili-Oil (I used Garlic Olive Oil)
  • 2-3 Teaspoons Sugar or other sweeteners (ex: Honey or Brown Sugar)
  • 1.5 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
  • 1 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar (Asian Aisle)
Cabbage Mixture

  • One Bag of Coleslaw Mix
  • 1-2 Tablespoon Stir-fry Sauce
Spring-Roll Extras

  • Spring Roll Wrapper (Asian Aisle)
  • Sliced Chicken (Grilled or Baked)
  • Diced Jalapenos (Optional)
  • Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms (Fresh or Dried)
  • Coleslaw Mix
  • Lettuce
    So first to make this sauce. Take Soy Sauce and Sugar. Mix in a small bowl til combined. Next you take whichever oil you decided on, in my case garlic olive oil...mix in the soy sauce mixture. Now just add the peanut butter til smooth and finally the rice vinegar. Set aside.
   Cabbage mixture is easy. Since cabbage or even coleslaw mix is hard - I ended up sauteing mine with a bit of stir-fry sauce just a bit to soften. Set aside.
   Now to assemble! You will need to take you wrapper and dip into water to soften for maybe 30 seconds. Depends on how soft you want it. After the wrapper has soaked take it out and lay it on a plate or clean flat surface. I tore off some lettuce putting it on the wrapper and put some of the slaw mixture in side the lettuce. I sliced up some chicken placing it next on top. Following the mushroom slices and jalapenos. So your down right, well sort of. I hope most of you know how to wrap a burrito because that's basically what you do. Bring in the side then tuck and roll. Then finally dip and eat.








 I hope you enjoy. Got questions? Let me know below in the comments. Goodnight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment