Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Crepes anyone?

So in my new kitchen I've been wanting to make anything and everything...so this time I chose crepes. I made these back in Culinary Arts (high school) and it as so complicated I gave up. So I have been searching for a quick and easy recipe, gotta love that Internet.
There are many ways you can eat crepes. There is sweet and then there are savory. So for this recipe I went the sweet route. We recently bought some strawberries for my daughter who by the way loves them, so glad they were on sale. So I slice them up late I'm in the crêpe then put a scoop of Cool Whip drizzled it with a little bit homemade salted caramel (I will post recipe later) Close them up then voila, sweet strawberry crepes.
Recipe 
(Adapted from The Baker Upstairs)

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons Veggie Oil
  • 3.5 tablespoons Sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup and 1 Tablespoon of milk
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon any extract (my case maple/orange)
First combine all ingredients in a blender. I put everything in my nutribullet so anything works. Blend until everything is well combined, make sure there are no lumps. Create better should be thin so you can easily pour it into your pan. 

Next you want to heat your skillet to medium high heat. (I have and electric stove so I have numbers on the dials, the number were 3 to 4)are used a small omelette pan but you can also use the medium or the large. Grease the pan lightly with butter for cooking spray. Pour a small amount of batter into your pan then move in a circular motion (the pan - not yourself). Let the crepe cook for about sixty seconds...the edges of the crepe should be pretty dry and bubbly too. If you are too afraid to touch the pan use a spatula, I used some wood chopsticks unbroken. Scraped the edges some, peeling them off the pan with easy not force and picked the edges with my fingers then flipped. The other side should have some brown spots but a lot. If you have the whole crepe brown you may have the heat on too high. I usually pull it off the heat for a bit then set it back on. Cook the other side for fifteen seconds or so and slide it on a plate, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment