Friday, September 27, 2013

Food Review: Healthy in a Hurry

So over the weekend my hubby and I came across a food truck we have never seen in Decatur before...sure enough when I looked it up they are from Bloomington. Bummer, right?! Decatur truly needs someone like this...these girls are like the BOMB! (OMG - yes I said it)

                                                  HEALTHY IN A HURRY FOOD TRUCK


The girls in the truck were very nice and made yummy food. You see I've been wanting fish taco's all summer...and they had them. So you know...I got them. (winks) Hubby got their buffalo burger..not my thing but oh my..delicious, but I stuck to my three fish (not fried) tacos. So filling...


The fish taco's like I mentioned came in three...not one but three, for $8. Deal? Yes. Let's see to describe this taco..let me think back....(mouth waters) seasoned white fish, I believe a cucumber slaw (not sure...sorry I didn't dissect my taco, I failed..) Monterrey shredded cheese, some sauce with a kick (read it was a homemade baja sauce) wrapped in some tortilla's. I was so flavorful...it made me happy to eat it. Then I got to enjoy a crisp, juicy watermelon slice from my hubby's lunch. ( he doesn't like watermelon - I devour it) It was so cute, came in a little baggy. Yum.


His buffalo burger was pretty good too, usually I don't care for anything that isn't the norm. (chicken, fish, turkey, cows...piggy) It was moist and the cheese...I think was feta? was so yummy. But sadly I had one bite, I had too much of my own that I really wanted to finish. His was a 1/3 pound lean bison burger topped with feta cheese and sun dried tomato served on a bun (brioche). Let's say one thing..my daughter (picky eater to new things..and 3 years old..loved it. She ate more then hubby) Got many pictures of her taking big bites. (hah)


After we ate we had to leave but those girls in the truck talked to us a bit. Sad to say they aren't open year around - we did tell them we'd wait in the snow for them and they thanked us. Commented how cute my daughter is and we thanked them for yummy foods. Hope they come to Decatur again...who know's we might travel up to Bloomington just for their food. (winks) You can also check out their facebook page : Healthy in a Hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment