Monday, September 16, 2013

Green Tea Marshmallow Snacks

Green Tea and Red Bean Paste Marshmallow Bars
Ingredients:
3-4 Teaspoons of Matcha Green Tea powder
4-5 Tablespoons of Butter
1.5 Bags of Marshmallow Minis
5-6 Cups of Cheerios
Optional : Red Bean paste with a bit of honey 
(To thin it out)


Directions:
You can follow any recipe of marshmallow krispies. This recipe is adapted from Asian Skinny Green Tea Rice Krispies Treats . I didn't have any rice krispies but I had so much cherrios. So of course you can substitute any extra cereal you have. 
First you want to melt your butter. I first did 3 tablespoons of butter. After it was melted I added one bag of mini marshmallows. After seeing what it looked like, I figured I would add some more butter and marshmallows. So it all depends on how much cereal you have. The rice would probably be fine with just one bag of marshmallows and the 3 tablespoons of butter.


After it's all melted together you can stop right here, turn the heat off and add your cereal. For me I added matcha green tea powder. You can get this in your local asian food grocer or even online. I really think it's worth it. I put in 4-5 tablespoons because I really like green tea so I can take it. It's also up to you how much you really want. When the green tea was all blended I added some red bean paste that I mix with honey to thin it out.  Again this is optional. 


I poured in the cereal and used my super strength to stir and made sure the cereal was all covered. I put on some gloves, sprayed them with pam and started to press the cereal into a lightly sprayed pan. Ever so often I would spread some red bean paste on some cereal. 
After it all is in, press down with all your might and set aside to cool. You can after this cut in how ever many shapes you want. Remember to have fun! let me know what your creations were..bye!








No comments:

Post a Comment