Sunday, September 1, 2013

Halloween scars


Does anyone remember using elmers glue in school? Do you remember using the glue letting it dry layer after layer? Is what I did for this tutorial. Now I figured I don't have the money to buy the expensive stuff so I rememberd Elmer's glue. But in my house I don't have elmers glue I had something else called mod podge. Which pretty much feels the same, so I started to experiment with it. As I started to play with it I noticed it makes skin. So I hope you are all interested in learning how to make scars with glue and I will show you how to color it with things you should have in your own home. Let's get started.

The tools you will need are the following:
Mod Podge or Elmer's glue
A paintbrush or anything to put glue on
patience
And make up


Okay you want to start off by having where ever you are doing this to, clean. Wash your hands or even an alcohol wipe will be fine.
Start layering off the glue. You want the edges pretty thin, where the middle you want more thick. Make sure you dry each layer pretty well. So do this a few times to get where you would like it.
When you have the thickness you are happy with you can start making the holes in the skin. What l have done was take either a tooth pick or what I did in the picture above is take a nail art tool. you can put holes in the skin or what looks likes cuts. 
Now it's time for the makeup. Fun? Yes indeed. First apply the concealer. I just used my hands but if you have one of those makeup sponges lightly dab it on. You want it close to the color of your own skin...but do remember we are also putting powder on it to set it a bit. Like I said - next puts some powder on it. You can use your own brushes for this and just clean them later. (IF you'd like me to I can put a tutorial on how to clean them with everyday items in your home) Now I take the red lipstick and puts some inside the "wounds" and dab it on the skin and around the skin. Rub the outline of the skin, the part that is really your skin. You want to blend it well. I dip my finger on my blush, I have a pink and a brown. Rubs those over the red lipstick on the outer edge. Blend well. I added some periwinkle blue just to add some more dimension. You want this to look bruised as much as possible. So just mix it up. You can look online to see what a bruise really looks like. I added blue shadow, some green...more pink. I just had fun, so should you. Then I wanted to make sure they were all blended, so I took my kabuki brush and rubbed it all around. I added more "blood" red lipstick to the wounds and done. You got yourself a wicked wound. 

If you do try this, please let me know - you can even show me yourself. If you have comments or questions don't hesitate and let me know! Good luck - have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment